Thursday, October 20, 2011

Currently Reading...

{Image via Pinterest}

I'm almost finished with The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain, and have become infatuated with Hemingway and the slew of novelists who accompanied him all over Europe in the 1920's. While he's no perfect man, he leads the most intriguing life and surrounds himself with the most brilliant and fascinating people. He follows what inspires him at any cost. If you're at all interested in classic literature, read The Paris Wife. Mclain takes you into the lives of these brilliant writers, and you won't want to escape. Next up: Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises. Happy Thursday! xx

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with your thoughts about how intriguing a figure Hemingway is. I saw "Midnight in Paris" this summer and his character was by far my favorite. I've been living in northern Michigan, near where Hemingway spent his childhood learning to camp, hunt and fish etc. and later spent time as an adult.

    I have been secretly hoping that this area would rub off on me the way it helped shape Hemingway into the adventurer and manly man he became. Unfortunately the closest I think I've gotten was to eat dinner at a bar in Petoskey, MI he frequented when he lived up here... perhaps reading more of his work would help.

    ReplyDelete