Thursday, October 27, 2011

Costume Inspiration

I've never really felt too old to dress up for Halloween, but it's definitely getting harder to stay creative with costumes! Last Halloween I had just moved to the city and finding a costume was the least of my worries. Unfortunately I felt extremely pathetic venturing out on the town without the appropriate attire, so I'm desperately trying to redeem myself this year. Since I don't want to spend my life's savings on a ridiculous outfit that I'll never wear again, I've tried to think up some creative options with items I may already own or could borrow from a friend. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Margot Tenenbaum from The Royal Tenenbaums

Holy Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's 

Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate

Somehow I know I'll be explaining my outfit all night long, but these are some classic flicks with wardrobes that I hope will be somewhat recognizable. What are your thoughts on Halloween costumes and my picks? Would love some input! I always struggle in this department :) Happy Thursday! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment